My beautiful, dear, and loving mom Susan Rogers passed away today at age 75 earlier this afternoon at around 12:30pm (October 31, 1950-September 30, 2026). She had contracted pneumonia from eating breakfast one day last month. Something she swallowed went down badly and scratched a lung. Late August-early September she was admitted into a hospital. My dad Tim was there to see her, along with me. Some extended family was also there to see her, Robyn Roberta-Bieber, Jason Bieber, James Bieber, Madison Bieber, Savannah Bieber, Greyson Bieber, and her sister Connie Johnson. Some could not be there, but they were told about her and miss her Amy Farnham, Samantha Watson, and Elizabeth Mann. Patti Derr Jeremy Johnson Randy Johnson Christopher Johnson Casa View Baptist Donna Adams Wigley Maxine Lents Karl Deno Tingle Shelly Tatum Tingle Angie Adams Tatiana Lindsey Terina Alexander Misty Tifft Tonia Hixson Johnson Lin Hughes Gold Joel Engle Tay Successnbyanymeans Eaglin G. Lysa Ausmus Amanda Banks Amanda Banks Amanda Brooks My mom, dad Tim, and older brother Bryan, adopted me into the family from a very bad home when I was a toddler. They cared for me and watched out for me to make sure I got and had everything I needed. I remember Bryan was not sure how to handle having a younger brother. I remember mom was always there to help me through many troubling times with mental health professionals, and the education and school system a little later. She was steadfast in getting me the care and help I needed. She was afraid that I would end licking postage for the rest of my life. I am glad and grateful that never happened. Once I began school, my mom always made sure how to educate and teach someone, me with a learning disability, how to actually learn and that I can learn. She spent and used a majority of her energy and time during those early years of me in school trying to help with keeping other kids from beating me up and bullying me. She inspired to be able to get the care I needed myself. When I had a major allergic reaction February 1995 when I was 13 to 10-15 medication, Novaine was the primary cause of the reaction. My dad Tim and Susan both decided to get me off of prescription medication for my disability Immediately after. I have been able to cope and learn to be a smart man because of not needing to take medication anymore. When I started college at The Art Institute of Dallas, she was there with me almost everyday, Monday-Friday, to make sure I got all of my assignments and projects completed. She used to use a Palm Pilot computer to type with to get notes for me to follow. It is because of her, and belief in myself, that I graduated from college with a 3.98 GPA. I remember it was shortly after I graduated college that her health began to deteriorate with Arthritis, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, and Huntington's Disease. At some point in 2010 she took a tumble at a curb and hurt her knee and hip. She used to an outdoor homeless bible study that year. Once that happened, she no longer mobile and able to move on her like she used to. When she got into her mid-late 50's, that is when her began to get worse slowly but surely. In her 60's she used to take diabetes injection shots. The prognosis each time she had a doctor's appointment kept not looking good later in her mid-late 60's. The doctors did their best to help cure what was wrong, but it was always difficult. They moved into a senior living apartment in November or December 2011. That is when her diabetes got worse, and she was using Diabetes injection shots every time before she ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She used to teach online with VIPKid for several years, starting in October or November 2017. That was a great way to keep her mind sharp and focused. She loved teaching the kids in China through VIPKid. She continued doing that until VIPKid stopped letting people outside China teach the children online through their service sometime in 2021. Once she was not able to do that anymore, she never worked at anything again. I remember it upset me greatly because that happened to my mom. I am glad and grateful that I was there to help her get what she needed and get work areas setup so she could teach better. I did a lot with her during that, and I am glad. I remember sometime in summer 2018 that Susan had to have a surgery for her right wrist. I remember for a while that she had a cast on each time she would teach. She was able to get the cast off sometime later that year I think. I remember that she always suffered from the pain of her wrist even years later after the surgery. I am glad and grateful to have been there to help her during a majority of that surgery. It is mainly because of my mom Susan that I am the man that am today because of her helping me and believing in me. I will always love her, and have fond memories of her for the rest of my life. Thank you dear mom Susan for being there for me during the worst times in my life and helping through those. I also want to thank you and I am grateful that you were there to be proud of me and encouraged in anything creative I tried and wanted to do. I remember my mom always encouraged me to believe in myself to persevere and push forward to accomplish anything in my life. It was her unwavering belief in me to accomplish every goal in my life that is major thing that I will always remember for the rest of my life. Thank you for your belief in me all these years. I also remember that she encouraged me and believed and was in aww of my ability as a creative writer. I have used Facebook primarily to show that. I am glad and grateful that she encouraged, inspired, and made me push forward to keep attempting to do that. Thank you for believing in me to continue writing in some way because you loved seeing me do that. She was preceded in death in recent years by her dad Lester Vaughan, and mom Dorothy Vauaghan. Now she is with them for eternity in happiness and no more pain. Our puppies Bella and Brie and big dogs Joplin and Luci, and old church friends Devin Adams Wigley and Jeff Wigley are with her too. Bella, Brie, Joplin, and Luci can play with her without her being in pain. Devin and Jeff can worship together with her for all time. Aunt Becky is with her, and she no longer has to try and get her around. Mom is able to move and walk by herself. I am glad and grateful that you were in my life for a majority of my life up to me being age 45 now. I will always love you and remember you.

No comments:
Post a Comment